Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual. Publicly available information such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number, e-mail or other electronic address is not considered to be personal information.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information CourtView collects includes, but shall not necessarily be limited to:
- geographic (physical) addresses
- demographic information
- e-mail addresses
- credit card information
- phone numbers or other contact information
- names (first, and last or whatever the family identifying name is)
- shipping information
- billing information
- transaction history, Web site usage preferences
- feedback regarding our business, services, Web site and public relations
- source IP addresses
- times and dates of access to Web site servers
- language use and preferences
- browsers types and configurations
- miscellaneous administrative and computer traffic information.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
The CourtView Web site is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
How We Collect Information
CourtView may collect certain personal information from prospects, customers, business partners, employment candidates and other individuals who elect to provide information.
Personal information may be asked for:
- when using our Web site
- using our services
- in the course of communications with us (face-to-face, by e-mail, by phone, mail or otherwise)
- in the course of feedback to us regarding our business, services, Web site and public relations
- when registering with us for services or, where relevant, accounts, or, where relevant, for the download of our software
CourtView may automatically collect and receive personal information wherein such information is received through:
- the Web site or other means of communication with CourtView
- vendors and service providers that refer clients to CourtView, and/or the CourtView Web site
- customer or membership lists lawfully acquired from third party vendors
Use of Personal Information
CourtView will use personal information to help us better understand your needs and interests. Personal Information may be used for:
- Performing necessary identity and security verifications
- Processing transactions
- Delivering services and any relevant products
- Providing customer support services
- Responding to customer issues and questions
- Any other purposes related to our services, operations, products and business
Personal information may also be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents and suppliers in the course of providing you with our business services, support and delivery of any of our products, and promotions.
Personal information collected online may be combined with information you provide to Trapeze through other sources such as trade shows, seminars, requests for product information or support, etc.
Personal Information and CourtView Promotional Activities
CourtView promotional activities, like contests and surveys, may include requests for personal information. Participation in such promotional activities is 100% voluntary. Acceptance of winning prizes from CourtView shall constitute consent by you to the use of your name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Furthermore, unless you have elected not to receive promotional information, we also reserve the right to use your personal information (including your e-mail address) to provide you with information regarding any similar products, services and promotions we are offering.
Storing, Securing and Processing of Personal Information
Personal information may be stored/processed in any jurisdiction in which we or our affiliates, suppliers, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By supplying us with personal information you consent to any transfer of this information to other countries (including countries which have not been assessed for adequacy of privacy laws). Nevertheless, we shall take steps to ensure that our affiliates, agents, subsidiaries and suppliers comply with our standards of security for personal information.
CourtView is and shall continue to use industry-standard technology to maintain the security of your personal information, and for our connections to the Internet. However, CourtView does not guarantee the privacy, security, authenticity or non-corruption of any information transmitted through the Internet or any information stored in any third-party system connected to the Internet.
CourtView shall not be responsible for any claims, damages, costs or losses whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to third-party connections to or use of the Internet.
CourtView shall not be responsible for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our business and technologies, we do not, and cannot represent or guarantee that there will be 100% error-free performance regarding the privacy of your personal information, and we will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages relating to the uses or releases of personal information in such instances.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information shall be disclosed if we are required to do so by law, or, if there is good faith belief, and reliance on said belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal process served on CourtView
- Uphold CourtView rights and/or property
- Protect and ensure the personal safety of the public, or other CourtView clients
- Protect against criminal activities, misrepresentation or fraud
CourtView reserves the right that in the event of a bankruptcy filing, mergers with third parties, acquisition by third parties, sale of assets (all or partial), or any other transfer of all or substantially all of CourtView relevant assets to a third party, CourtView shall be entitled to sell or share the Personal Information you have provided to us to the third party.